- Some time ago, I posted some code to visualize tree in ape: it is here.
- The following document explains how trees are coded in R, and how this data structure can be passed into C.
Definition of Formats for Coding Phylogenetic Trees in R [PDF]
- The coding scheme used in ape to code DNA sequences is explained in the next document. Its aim is to provide fast algorithms and efficient programs for comparing sequences:
A Bit-Level Coding Scheme for Nucleotides [HTML] [PDF]
- The following document describes the class "bitsplits" coding splits of taxa [DRAFT]:
Definition of the Class "bitsplits" [PDF]
- The application programmers interface (API) to ape C code (THIS IS OUTDATED AND IS HERE ONLY FOR THE RECORD):
The API to ape C code [HTML] [PDF]
Updated: March 9, 2015
Crédits | Legal notice